Warning We use cookies to personalise ads and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept our cookies and get unlimited access.

International Banks In Slovenia

Banks In SloveniaBanks In Slovenia

Currently, there is one main international bank that is based in Slovenia, and there are at least three foreign banks that run branches in Slovenia. Currently, the largest international finance group in that country is the NLB (Nova Ljubljanska Banka) Group. This international group is Slovenia’s leading domestic bank, but they also have a growing international presence. According to Banker Magazine, they are ranked 419th out of the world’s top 1,000 banks.

The NLB group controls the largest portion of Slovenia’s banking industry. Although the amount that they control varies, they consistently control close to a third of the market share. The group is made up of thirteen banks, nine leasing companies, twelve companies that focus on international trade, five companies that focus on insurance products, an asset management group, and seventeen companies that work in other sectors. The NLB Group has a presence in many other countries across east and west Europe. Currently, they are the only Slovenian institution that has branches spread throughout Europe.

A group of about twenty other banks share the rest of the market in Slovenia, and two of these banks, like the NLB Group, also hold rankings in the list of the world’s top 1,000 banks. Gorenjska Banka is ranked 824th on the list of 1,000 banks, and Nova Kreditna Banka Maribor is ranked near the bottom of the list at number 906. These three banks control most of the banking in Slovenia.

In total, there are just over twenty banks currently running in Slovenia. Three of these are subsidiaries of foreign banks that are based in Austria and France and three of these banks are representatives of foreign credit institutions. In spite of some foreign influence, most of the Slovenian banks continue to be domestically owned and run. Five of the nation’s banks are under full domestic ownership, and eight have most of their assets held domestically. Of those eight, two of them have ninety eight percent of their assets held domestically. These domestic banks control most of the banking market in Slovenia. Currently, they hold 71 percent of the nation’s market share while foreign banks control the remaining 29 percent of the market. As the banking industry continues to grow in this country, there will be an increasing number of international banks in Slovenia.

Finding the best refinance rates on your home mortgage will take some shopping around to find the best terms. It also will...
Finding the best refinance rates on your home mortgage will take some shopping around to find the best terms. It also will require some work on your part so that you can qualify for the refinancing package that best suits your needs and wallet. Things You Can Do to Get the Best Refinance Rates A priority for anyone in the market for a refinance loan, and for their own general financial health, is to raise your credit score and to lower your debt. Often, these issues go hand in glove, so it is possible to accomplish both at once. Raising your credit score...
A poor credit score can hinder a person's ability to access credit from mainstream lenders. Unfortunately, about 56% of American...
A poor credit score can hinder a person's ability to access credit from mainstream lenders. Unfortunately, about 56% of American consumers have a low credit rating. Fortunately, there are other ways of accessing funds even with a low credit score. These include: Try a Credit Union Compared to banks, credit unions have more lenient credit requirements that make them ideal lenders for consumers with bad credit. In addition, credit unions generally offer better interest rates compared to banks, according to figures published by Informa Research Services....
A home equity loan can be handy when it comes time to finance a major life expense like home remodeling, a child’s college...
A home equity loan can be handy when it comes time to finance a major life expense like home remodeling, a child’s college education, or maybe even purchasing an investment property. This is the time when you get to reap the benefits of all those years paying a monthly mortgage. In simple terms, this type of loan allows you to borrow against your home, using the capital you have sitting in it as collateral. As with any other type of loan, banks have stringent lending procedures, but if you’ve been tending properly to your credit score and other areas...